Integrating the Attachment System and AIP Model for Chronic Health Syndromes (Webinar) 14 EMDRIA Credits - November 12-13, 2022
Attend this training and gain a deep understanding of how disrupted attachment experiences and attachment trauma lead to chronic health syndromes including autoimmune disorders and other health conditions resulting in chronic pain. This training provides EMDR clinicians with knowledge and skills to integrate the Adaptive Information Processing Model with attachment theory to help clients suffering from many chronic health syndromes find relief and healing. Yes, it is possible!
- The function, neurobiology, and psychophysiology of the attachment system.
- How attachment disruption and trauma lead to chronic health syndromes through a basic understanding of psychoneuroimmunology, epigenetics, the neuroendocrine system, and the immune system.
- How internal subjective neural templates develop based on one’s nurture experiences and the implications of nurture deprivation on one’s body/health.
- How the different components of perception impact health and strategies to effectively use the AIP Model, Polyvagal Theory, and advances in neuroscience to promote states of healing and health.
- How to conceptualize the 8 Phases of EMDR specifically for clients with chronic health syndromes and develop an Attachment Based Processing model.
- How to utilize the therapist’s caregiving system most effectively through understanding and practice of Allan Schore’s right brain psychotherapy paradigm to promote healing and maximize response to EMDR interventions.
- The training program will further teach the EMDR clinician four new scripted protocols to use with clients with chronic health syndromes.
Workshop will Include:
- Live Demonstrations of Protocols and Interventions
- Video Demonstrations of Protocols and Interventions
- Practicums using Breakout Rooms
- Questions and Answers
- Complete Training Manual Including Scripted Protocols
Preview of What to Expect:
Watch this short video from Gary’s EMDRIA 2019 presentation to get an idea Gary’s teaching style:
“This was an amazing training! I had taken the Chronic Pain last year and was excited when I saw this training was available. It did not disappoint! Thank you for a wonderful training!” -webinar June 2022
“The workshop was fabulous! I am very appreciative of all the research presented to back up the theories and aspects of the protocols. I'm also extremely appreciative of Gary's passion and investment in his own understanding of complex ideas and concepts which then translates into sharing difficult info in a way that is understandable.” -webinar June 2022
“This has been one of the best presentations I have seen in a long time...I am excited to start using the resources and protocols with clients and can see how it will change a lot of lives...On a separate and more personal note, I do want to say this training really was life changing for me." -webinar June 2022
“As always AMAZING TRAINING. So informative and excellent protocols. I always find these trainings activate my passion/interest in my job - always makes me feel excited about doing the work.” -webinar June 2022
“Another AMAZING training. Thank you for sharing your expertise as it is ALWAYS a PLEASURE to learn from you. The wealth of knowledge you have in working with those who have chronic pain and illness is profound. Please keep teaching!” -webinar June 2022
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS: A full refund will be available until 2 weeks prior to the training date (October 29, 2022). Upon and after that date no refund will be available.
SCHEDULE: Registration is 8:00-8:30am Central Standard Time. The clinical program will begin promptly at 8:30am Lunch is from 12:00-1:00pm and there will be short breaks throughout the day. The program ends each day at 5:00pm.
PREREQUISITE: All participants are required to have completed EMDR Basic Training and proof of completion is required prior to the training. This is an advanced training for Psychologists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Marriage and Family Counselors and other licensed professionals trained in EMDR.
TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENTS: It is necessary for attendees to participate in the training over a laptop or desktop computer with speakers, have another device that has WiFi capabilities (IE, IPad, tablet, smartphone), and have headphones that connect to this device. It is also a requirement that attendees participate in a quiet, confidential space similar to where one would see clients. The reasons for these requirements are due to the use of bilateral stimulation during practicums and access to auditory bilateral stimulation that will be provided.
CONTINUING EDUCATION: This training is approved for 14 EMDRIA credits and meets the Texas requirements for 14 Continuing Education Units for Licensed Psychologists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors and Licensed Marriage and Family Counselors. Please check with your state or province for the specific requirements of your area. Certificates of completion and EMDRIA credits with training approval number will be provided to all those who complete the training.
GRIEVANCE POLICY: It is our mission to create a training experience that enhances the clinical skills of all participants while maintaining the highest degree of integrity and respecting the diversity of all. If you are dissatisfied with your experience, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 628-8960 to discuss your concerns.
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST: There are no known conflicts of interest for this workshop.
ADA ASSISTANCE: Workshops provided by Gary Brothers, LCSW always meet the standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you are in need of assistance, please contact us at email@example.com or (808) 628-8960.