Integrated Treatment of Chronic Pain and Health Conditions Webinar 14 EMDRIA Credits - October 7-8, 2023
Attend this training and gain a deep and broad understanding of the neurobiology and psychophysiology of pain and how many chronic health conditions are the result of a repeated disruption of the body’s systems individually and collectively. This training will teach an organized framework to treat this population effectively.
What am I going to learn?
- How neuroplasticity works both for and against people in pain and with chronic health conditions, and how to apply the principles of neuroplasticity for pro-health change.
- How the stress/threat response system is integral to and often at the center of the development of chronic pain and chronic health conditions.
- How coexisting conditions perpetuate and exacerbate pain and health conditions.
- And, how pain and health conditions perpetuate and exacerbate co-existing conditions.
- How Polyvagal Theory relates to chronic pain conditions and how to use this information to reduce and relieve pain states.
- How to fully utilize the EMDR Pain Protocol.
- How to maximize the application of the EMDR Standard Protocol with this population.
- Other nervous system driven interventions for relief and recovery.
- How to reduce and abate pain states and assist clients to recover physiologically and functionally.
- An organized framework and model of care to effectively treat your clients with chronic pain and chronic health conditions.
- Live Demonstrations of Protocols and Interventions
- Video Demonstrations of Protocols and Interventions
- Practicums using Breakout Rooms
- Questions and Answers
- Complete Training Manual Including Handouts to Guide You in Treating Your Clients
What can I expect?
Watch this short video from Gary’s EMDRIA 2019 presentation to get an idea of some of what you will learn and Gary’s teaching style. Click here to watch
The reviews are in!
- "This was one of the best trainings I have ever experienced! Gary, you are a fabulous presenter, and I would certainly love to engage in the consultations that you provide and would jump at the chance of taking further trainings that you facilitate. Thank you so much for a great experience, this has added great tools to my therapeutic toolbox. This is going to make me a more effective therapist. Thank you!!" -webinar February 2023
- "Everything was incredible. Gary, you crushed it!" -webinar February 2023
- "This was a wonderful training and exceeded my expectations. The content was thorough and well explained. The entire world needs to hear about this and learn this information and practices in the training. Wow! I'm excited to start practicing and utilizing this, along with doing some consultations." -webinar August 2022
- "This was incredible! I loved all of the science and background info! It makes a huge difference to understand the science behind what we do, not only as a clinician, but for our clients." -webinar August 2022
- "Gary Brothers is a master at making people feel good when they ask questions. He is attentive to them and complimentary to them for asking, and responds with kind words, along with thorough answers." -webinar August 2022
- “This is one of the best trainings that I have participated in. The wealth of information will be invaluable to the clients I work with. Presentation was great! Looking forward to future trainings that you offer.” -webinar February 2022
- “I haven’t learned this much since my basic training. Since graduating college, this training was one of the most helpful.” -webinar February 2022
What are the details?
COST: $335 for Early Bird (sale price) and $385 for standard rate (after September 8, 2023). A reduced rate of $285 is offered for students/interns, non-profit employees and government employees. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for coupon code.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS: A refund, less a $50.00 processing fee will be available until 2 weeks prior to the training date (September 23, 2023). Upon and after that date no refund will be available.
SCHEDULE: Registration is 8:00-8:30am Central Standard Time. The clinical program will begin promptly at 8:30am. Lunch is from 12:00-1:00pm and there will be short breaks throughout the day. The program ends each day at 5:00pm.
PREREQUISITE: All participants are required to have completed EMDR Basic Training and proof of completion is required prior to the training. This is an advanced training for Psychologists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Marriage and Family Counselors and other licensed professionals trained in EMDR.
TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENTS: It is necessary for attendees to participate in the training over a laptop or desktop computer with speakers, have another device that has Wi-Fi capabilities (IE, iPad, tablet, or smartphone), and have headphones that connect to this device. It is also a requirement that attendees participate in a quiet, confidential space similar to where one would see clients. The reasons for these requirements are due to the use of auditory bilateral stimulation when treating pain, access to auditory bilateral stimulation that will be provided, and using it during practicums.
CONTINUING EDUCATION: This training program is approved for 14 EMDRIA credits and meets the Texas requirements for 14 Continuing Education Units for Licensed Psychologists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors and Licensed Marriage and Family Counselors. Please check with your state or province for the specific requirements of your area. Certificates of completion and EMDRIA units with training approval number will be provided to all those who complete the training.
GRIEVANCE POLICY: It is our mission to create a training experience that enhances the clinical skills of all participants while maintaining the highest degree of integrity and respecting the diversity of all. If you are dissatisfied with your experience, please contact us at email@example.com or (808) 628-8960 to discuss your concerns.
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST: There are no known conflicts of interest for this workshop.
ADA ASSISTANCE: Workshops provided by Gary Brothers, LCSW always meet the standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you are in need of assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 628-8960.
FOR PREVIOUS TRAINING ATTENDEES: If you have attended this training previously either in person or through a webinar, Gary Brothers, LCSW offers the opportunity to audit the training at no cost to further learn the material and develop your skills. However, only a certain number of spaces will be open for auditors. If you are interested, please contact us at email@example.com to reserve your space.