Integrating the Attachment System and AIP Model for Chronic Health Syndromes (Webinar), February 3-4, 2024 - 14 EMDRIA Credits
Attend this training and gain a deep understanding of how disrupted attachment experiences and attachment trauma lead to chronic health syndromes including autoimmune disorders and other health conditions resulting in chronic pain. This training provides EMDR clinicians with knowledge and skills to integrate the Adaptive Information Processing Model with attachment theory to help clients suffering from many chronic health syndromes find relief and healing. Yes, it is possible!
What will I learn?
- The function, neurobiology, and psychophysiology of the attachment system.
- How attachment disruption and trauma lead to chronic health syndromes through a basic understanding of psychoneuroimmunology, epigenetics, the neuroendocrine system, and the immune system.
- How internal subjective neural templates develop based on one’s nurture experiences and the implications of nurture deprivation on one’s body/health.
- How the different components of perception impact health and strategies to effectively use the AIP Model, Polyvagal Theory, and advances in neuroscience to promote states of healing and health.
- How to conceptualize the 8 Phases of EMDR specifically for clients with chronic health syndromes and develop an Attachment Based Processing model.
- How to utilize the therapist’s caregiving system most effectively through understanding and practice of Allan Schore’s right brain psychotherapy paradigm to promote healing and maximize response to EMDR interventions.
- The training program will further teach the EMDR clinician four new scripted protocols to use with clients with chronic health syndromes.
What will this workshop include?
- Live Demonstrations of Protocols and Interventions
- Video Demonstrations of Protocols and Interventions
- Practicums using Breakout Rooms
- Questions and Answers
- Complete Training Manual Including Scripted Protocols
What can I expect?
Watch this short video from Gary’s EMDRIA 2019 presentation to get an idea Gary’s teaching style:
Click here to watch
“Absolutely one of the most informative, educational, and valuable presentations I have attended in years. Thank you." -webinar June 2023
"The training was phenomenal. It was information packed and practical. I enjoyed the technical side of the presentation and left the training with motivation to further sturdy the foundational aspects of the therapy. Thank you for your time and effort put into the training." -webinar June 2023
"It's so important to me to work from a physiologically informed perspective, and this training is right in the zone! I appreciate the synthesis of many different areas of research; this is so valuable to our work and practice. Thanks again!" -webinar June 2023
“The workshop was fabulous! I am very appreciative of all the research presented to back up the theories and aspects of the protocols. I'm also extremely appreciative of Gary's passion and investment in his own understanding of complex ideas and concepts which then translates into sharing difficult info in a way that is understandable.” -webinar June 2022
“This has been one of the best presentations I have seen in a long time...I am excited to start using the resources and protocols with clients and can see how it will change a lot of lives...On a separate and more personal note, I do want to say this training really was life changing for me." -webinar June 2022
“Another AMAZING training. Thank you for sharing your expertise as it is ALWAYS a PLEASURE to learn from you. The wealth of knowledge you have in working with those who have chronic pain and illness is profound. Please keep teaching!” -webinar June 2022
COST: $345 for Early Bird and $395 for standard rate (after January 5, 2024). A reduced rate of $295 is offered for students/interns, non-profit employees, and government employees. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for coupon code.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS: A refund, less a $50.00 processing fee will be available until 2 weeks prior to the training date (January 20, 2024). Upon and after that date no refund will be available.
SCHEDULE: Registration is 8:00-8:30am Central Standard Time. The clinical program will begin promptly at 8:30am Lunch is from 12:00-1:00pm and there will be short breaks throughout the day. The program ends each day at 5:00pm.
PREREQUISITE: All participants are required to have completed EMDR Basic Training and proof of completion is required prior to the training. This is an advanced training for Psychologists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Marriage and Family Counselors and other licensed professionals trained in EMDR.
TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENTS: It is necessary for attendees to participate in the training over a laptop or desktop computer with speakers, have another device that has Wi-Fi capabilities (IE, iPad, tablet, smartphone), and have headphones that connect to this device. It is also a requirement that attendees participate in a quiet, confidential space similar to where one would see clients. The reasons for these requirements are due to the use of bilateral stimulation during practicums and access to auditory bilateral stimulation that will be provided.
CONTINUING EDUCATION: This training is approved for 14 EMDRIA credits and meets the Texas requirements for 14 Continuing Education Units for Licensed Psychologists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors and Licensed Marriage and Family Counselors. Please check with your state or province for the specific requirements of your area. Certificates of completion and EMDRIA credits with training approval number will be provided to all those who complete the training.
GRIEVANCE POLICY: It is our mission to create a training experience that enhances the clinical skills of all participants while maintaining the highest degree of integrity and respecting the diversity of all. If you are dissatisfied with your experience, please contact us at email@example.com or (808) 628-8960 to discuss your concerns.
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST: There are no known conflicts of interest for this workshop.
ADA ASSISTANCE: Workshops provided by Gary Brothers, LCSW always meet the standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act. If you are in need of assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 628-8960.